Public Relations Fellowship
Twickenham Fest — a leading classical music concert series in the heart of Dixie — seeks a Public Relations Fellow for the summer 2019 season.
The Fellowship is available this summer. This particular position is most suited for someone with a zest for writing and editing, and who is interested in learning about the many steps that go into creating and distributing in-house publications, such as posters, program book and newspaper inserts, flyers, and more. This position will also help maintain Twickenham Fest’s website and calendar of events. The Fellow will also have the opportunity to pitch ideas and create content for social media accounts throughout the summer.
Proofread and fact-checking weekly marketing publications
- Draft copy for select advertising opportunities, such as underwriting spots for local radio;
- Monitor all media coverage and coordinate with press;
- Transcribe interviews to be used in in-house articles and publications;
- Distribute event posters, flyers, and other collateral as needed;
- Help maintain Twickenham Fest website, particularly its events calendar;
- Ticket registration data entry;
- Brainstorm and implement content opportunities for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram);
- Monitor social media insights;
- Other marketing and public relations duties as needed.
- Schedule flexibility is essential; some evenings and weekends may be required during August.
- Background in (or currently studying) communications, journalism, public relations, arts marketing, or a related field.
- Energetic and team-oriented attitude, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Experience using a website content management system is not required but is highly preferred, as is knowledge of using Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram for professional purposes (as opposed to personal use).
- Similarly, a basic working knowledge of Adobe InDesign is helpful.
- Applicants must work well under pressure and be able to handle multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Professional conduct, dress, and appearance are expected at all times.
- Applicants MUST have a valid driver’s license and the use of their own vehicle while in Alabama.
Duration: June 15 – August 25, 2019 (may be remote )
To apply for this position, please provide a cover letter, resume, and two references. Applications will be accepted through March 2019. No phone calls please.