Marketing & PR Intern
Twickenham Fest — a leading classical music concert series in the heart of Dixie — seeks a Marketing and Public Relations Intern for the summer 2018 season.
The marketing internship is available this summer; this particular position is most suited for someone with a knack for writing and/or editing, and who is interested in learning about the many steps that go into creating and distributing in-house publications, such as posters, program book and newspaper inserts, flyers, and more. This position will also help maintain the Twickenham Fest website’s calendar of events and have the opportunity to pitch ideas and create content for AMFS social media accounts throughout the summer.
Proofread and fact-checking weekly marketing publications
- Draft copy for select advertising opportunities, such as underwriting spots for local radio
- Monitor all media coverage and coordinate with press
- Transcribe interviews to be used in in-house articles and publications
- Distribute event posters, flyers, and other collateral as needed
- Help maintain Twickenham Fest website, particularly its events calendar
- Ticket registration data entry
- Brainstorm and implement content opportunities for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Monitor social media insights
- Other marketing and public relations duties as needed
- Schedule flexibility is essential; some evenings and weekends may be required during August
- Background in (or currently studying) communications, journalism, public relations, arts marketing, or a related field
- Energetic and team-oriented attitude, with an exceptional eye for detail
- At minimum, a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word…)
- Experience using a website content management system is not required but is highly preferred, as is knowledge of using Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram for professional purposes (as opposed to personal use)
- Similarly, a basic working knowledge of Adobe InDesign is helpful
- Applicants must work well under pressure and be able to handle multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Professional conduct, dress, and appearance are expected at all times
- Applicants MUST have a valid driver’s license and the use of their own vehicle while in Alabama
Duration: June 15 – August 26, 2018 (may be remote )
To apply for this position, please provide a cover letter, resume, and two references. Applications will be accepted through March 2018. No phone calls please. Interviews will begin with selected candidates in February 2018.